For all those teachers, practitioners, tutors or parents that want to benchmark their children's reading level/bookband, this is is the perfect tool to accompany you.
All you have to do is enter the book details (total words, number of errors made and self-corrections) and it will automatically return the following information;
1) The accuracy % of the reading.
2) what level is book for the child - independent reading (easy) Instructional (perfect level) or frustrating (hard).
3) The error and self-correction ratio, and whether or not the child is self-monitoring.
4) The time taken to read the book with a timer- helping to judge fluency.
5) Advice on what steps to take next in response to the results and which level to attempt next.
The results can be saved as an individual PDF file for archiving and printing.
Also included in this tool is the reading diary log. After every session, at the click of a button you can log all the results into a new entry in an easy to read diary. You can view the progress made over the weeks of listening to the child read and can also save as a PDF and print to file away.
You can use this tool with multiple children and as many sessions as you wish, making it quick and easy to find the child's accurate level and book band of reading without wasting time or effort. And you can keep all the evidence of the child's progress in one paper free and organised place.
This tool works on any version of windows and excel.
Enjoy and I hope this cost effective tool can help you as much as it helps me with your students and children.
There is 1 file for this resource.
READING LEVEL CALCULATOR AND LOG BOOK.zip
The author recommends that this resource is useful for teachers of the following subjects. The list is not exhaustive and the resource may apply to other subjects and areas that are not listed.
Reading Recovery, Early Years Foundation Stage, Primary Literacy, Key Stage 1 Literacy
About the Author
The author has chosen to keep their details private.