A Mathematics unit of work on 3D shapes for students aged 5-7 years old.
Includes appendix, powerpoint and 12 learning activities.
by the end of this unit students will:
* Identify common 3D shapes
* Describe some features of 3D shapes
* Recognise functions for certain shapes
* Sort and classify shapes according to attributes
* Understand the difference between a 2D and 3D shape
* Explore 3D shapes are made from nets
There is 1 file for this resource.
The author recommends that this resource is useful for teachers of the following subjects. The list is not exhaustive and the resource may apply to other subjects and areas that are not listed.
About the Author
I have taught all areas of primary school, from ages five to thirteen in all subject areas. My teaching has lead me to work in other areas such as university (tutoring the pre-service students), an education officer for the global education centre and a writer of global education resources. I enjoyed writing resources a lot so I began to write many of my own.
Browse more resources from Michelle Fulton