This is an exciting and engaging lesson/set of tasks aiming to build students' skills at using similes and metaphors in their writing . It was taught during an observation lesson where the teacher received an Outstanding judgement.
Students learn to:
- Define and give examples of what similes and metaphors are;
- Identify similes and metaphors on funny posters and captions;
- Analyse what makes similes and metaphors effective;
- Create their own simile and metaphor filled writing piece;
- Peer assess and learn through fun interactive tasks.
It comes complete with:
- Engaging and visual PowerPoint to guide students (and teacher!) through the lesson;
- Colourful and thought-provoking worksheet for the main analysis task;
- Lesson plan/ teacher guidance sheet, which goes through the lesson step-by-step;
- Resources to enable the teacher to make 'flags' for the introductory task.
All pictures are licensed for commercial use, and image authors cited on the final slide.
There are 5 files for this resource.
The author recommends that this resource is useful for teachers of the following subjects. The list is not exhaustive and the resource may apply to other subjects and areas that are not listed.
About the Author
The author has not provided any further details.